Saturday, July 5, 2008

Nearly 2 weeks in, and I have lost....

I am coming up on 2 weeks of attempted weight loss. I have been pretty good, both in eating and exercising. I have been working on a hybrid of the Weight Watchers Points system and the Body for Life workout program, just because they are both easier for me to do at this point.

I was down 8 pounds at my last weigh-in (every Monday night), but I weighed again Thursday night and found myself down 11. Not too shabby, even though I know it is not necessarily a good thing to lose more than 1 or 2 pounds per week.

I have been going at it pretty aggressively, and, quite frankly, I am concerned about burn-out, somewhat. To help stave this off, I have planned in a couple of watermarks to shoot for. First, my wife has a family reunion in August, and I want to be down 25-30 pounds by then (4 weeks away, already 8 of it gone, another 17-22 to go). I really think I will be able to hit this one.

The other benchmark point is in September, when I may be going to the Eastern Distribution Center (I manage the Western Distribution Center for Cummins Filtration...but that is another post =) to help with a new software warehouse management system. I want to be down another 20 for that.

So I am hoping for 50 pounds by the end of September. I know, this is probably not realistic, but in the past I have not been able to maintain on the simple "2 lbs per week is pretty good" routine, so I figured it was time to shake things up a bit.

We'll see, I guess.

No comments: