Sunday, September 28, 2008

Chad's Weight Loss Update

I really did not want to push Glynna's wonderful post down further on our list, but it is time to provide an update on my weight loss because I hit a milestone this week.

As of 2 days ago, I broke the 240 lb barrier.

I now, according to the Weight Watchers scale at work, weigh 239.6 pounds. Since I started this journey right after our trip to Reno and the Grand Canyon, and since I did not take any "before" photos in an official way, I am using a picture of me from our trip that highlight where I was before and where I am now.

281 pounds


Here we are at Hoover Dam, June 18, 2008. This is me at my heaviest in the past 2 years (yes I did weigh more 3 years ago, and before I had cancer I hit my highest - 293).


239.6 pounds


Here I am today, September 28, 2008 - wearing the exact same shorts I was wearing at Hoover Dam in the picture above. That is exactly 71 days, or about 0.58 pounds per day.

Not bad, huh?

So, I am halfway to 200 pounds. See you in another 71 days!

3 comments:

Bryn and Blaine said...

Good job Chad. You look great. You and Glynna both are my idols. Keep up the good work.
Bryn

brent and julie winder said...

Holy Moly! Way to go man!

Funny, but I was at Hoover Dam a few days before that after a scouting activity at Havasupai in the Grand Canyon. However, I haven't lost any weight since then.

B. Winder

Tom & Angie said...

Lookin really hot dude! I highly recommend Glynna keep her eye on you :-)

Good Job Chad! I know how hard it is and I am really proud of you. It is a battle that I refuse to fight any more, pathetic but true.

Hugs, Ang